Area: 603 700 km2 (the second place in Europe after Russia).
• East-Central Europe;
• Strategic location astride main land routes between Europe and Asia as well as between Nordic countries to Mediterranean region;
• The geographical center of Europe is located in Ukraine – near Rakhiv, Zakarpattya region.
Neighboring Countries: Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Moldova, Russia, Romania, Belarus
• Belarus (north);
• Poland (west);
• Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova (west);
• Russia (east).
Sea Boundaries: Romania, Russia
Major Cities (Population): Kyiv (2,8 million), Kharkiv (1,4 million), Odessa (1 million)
• Hryvnia (UAH)
• official exchange rate of Hryvnia against foreign currencies (http://www.bank.gov.ua/control/uk/index)
Time Zone: GMT +3
Telephone Code: +380
Country Code Top-Level Domain: .ua
Traffic Flow: Right
• Black Sea–Odessa, Illichivsk, Kherson, Sevastopol;
• Azov Sea– Mariupol, Berdyansk, Kerch.
Main Rivers: Dnipro, Seversky Donets, Southern Buh, Dniester, Danube.
Coordinates: 44""20" і 52""20" North, 22""5" і 41""15" East
• fertile plains – most of the country;
• mountain group – the Carpathian Mountains (west) and the Crimean Mountains (south);
• steppe – the north and northeast of the Black Sea.
Climate: Temperate continental, the south of the Crimea – subtropical; frequent weather changes; warm summer, frosty snow winter.
Population: 45 675 thousand (01.07.2011)
Labor Force (Population): 22 058,2 thousand (01.07.2011)
Median age: 39,9 (2010)
Ethnic groups: Ukrainians (77,8%), Russians (17,3%), Belarusians, Moldovans, Crimean Tatars, Bulgarians, Hungarians, Romanians, Poles, Jews, Armenians, Greeks, Tatars, Azerbaijanis, Romanians, Georgians, Germans, Gagauz and others.
Political Order: unitary presidential-parliament republic
President: Victor Yanukovych
Legislative power: The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (unicameral parliament)
Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine: Vladimir Rybak
Executive power: The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
Prime Minister: Mykola Azarov